Four Governors Village Board of Director seats are up for election at the Property Owners Association Annual Meeting to be held Thursday, November 18 at Mt. Carmel Baptist Church. Up for election, with the current Director for that area, are:
- At Large Seat: Marcia Fleishman
- Governors Lake Seat: Chris Gamber
- Governors Park Seat: Jo Watta
- Townes of Governors Village Seat: Alison Fleming (term expires 2011)
The community can be proud of the service Marcia, Chris, Jo and Alison have provided. Marcia and Alison have decided to step down from the Board. Chris and Jo have agreed to run for re-election.
Details regarding the open seats are as follows:
- Unless otherwise noted the terms are for three years.
- The Lake, Park and Townes seats may only be held by property owners from the Lake, Park and Townes respectively.
- At-Large seats may be held by property owners from any neighborhood within the Governors Village community.
- The Board meets in the evenings and has 6 regularly scheduled Board meetings per year plus work sessions as needed.
- A nominating committee has been established to select and present to the Board of Directors potential nominees for the open seats. Rosemary McGee, the Forest Representative to the Board, is chairperson of the Nominating Committee.
If you are interested in being considered for any of the open Board seats, please provide a brief paragraph about yourself (for community distribution) and why you wish to be nominated to Joel Strangis of Talis Management (jstrangis at talismgmt.com or fax 376- 8800) before 12 Noon Friday, September 10, 2010. If you have questions, please contact Joel (878-8787, ext. 237) or a Governors Village Board Member. Additional Annual Meeting information will be sent in October.