The following is a summary of some of the more commonly encountered “Use Restrictions” under Article 11 of the Governors Village Covenants. To see the full text of Article 11, “Use Restrictions”, or to read or find other information pertaining to Governors Village, please visit the Governors Village section on the Talis website (www.talismanagementgroup.com <http://www.talismanagementgroup.com>).”
- Short-term street parking is allowed for private vehicles. Boats, trailers and campers may not be stored in the driveways or on the street. Townes residents must observe parking regulations specific to the town homes.
- Garbage and trashcan containers must be out of sight from the street when not out for collection.
- Animals may only run loose when on the owners property and under their control. When walking dogs in public areas, you must clean up after your pet. Pet waste stations are available throughout the neighborhoods.
- Garage doors are to be kept closed when not in use.
- Pets are restricted to no more than two dogs and five pets total.
- Open fires are not permitted on home sites.
- Exterior Lighting: non annoying to neighbors and not allowed after 11:00PM
- Trees and shrubs must be trimmed away from the sidewalks, and overhanging trees should be trimmed to allow a minimum height of 7’ from the sidewalk.
- Storage sheds are not allowed.
- Hours for non-emergency construction:
- Weekdays: 7:00AM to 7:30PM (daylight savings time); 7:30AM to 6:00PM (Standard time)
- Saturday: 8:30AM to 5:00PM
- Sunday: No exterior work – interior work 12:00 to 5:00 PM
- Any exterior changes require prior approval by the Architectural Review Committee. The committee meets monthly on the second Tuesday of the month. Applications are available in the Documents section of this website and are also available from our community’s management company, Talis Management Group.
- Play sets require ARB approval.
- Each neighborhood has approved fencing styles and manufacturers. These are the only fences allowed within each neighborhood, and must be approved by ARB prior to installation.