Governors Village Boo Fest
The Governors Village Social Committee is sponsoring the Seventh Annual Boo Fest this month for residents of the Governors Village community. Linda Chegash again is heading up the preparations for some wickedly devilish fun with assistance from Gidget Jenkins, Scott Leslie, Mary Roederer, Linda Kreiter and many other volunteers. Look for flyers in your mailboxes in the next day or two for a full schedule and details. Please let the planning committee know you intend to participate!
Attending – RSVPgovernorsvillage at yahoo.com or call Linda Chegash at 929-3853
Entering chili cook-off – RSVPgovernorsvillage at yahoo.com or call Linda Chegash at 929-3853
Camping in Meadow Park – RSVP Mary Roederer [williamsmaryk at hotmail.com]
Donating a dozen cupcakes for the Children’s Cake Walk – RSVP Linda Kreiter [wkreiterjr at nc.rr.com]
Saturday, October 23, 2010
4:00 pm until…
Events at Pool Area and Meadow Park
4:00 Costume Parade and Pictures at Meadow Park Field (all ages)
4:10-4:30 Games for little ghouls & boyles
4:15 Chili Cook-off Judging
4:25 Pumpkin Judging (decorated or carved)
4:30-5:30 Chili Tasting and Dinner (pool parking lot)
5:30 Announcement of winning chili and pumpkin entries
5:00-7:00 Haunted Maze
5:00-5:30 for the wee kids
6:00-7:00 for the older “kids”
After dark… Camping in Meadow Park – RSVP [williamsmaryk at hotmail.com]
Enjoy Boo Fest! Things you will want to know
- Bring your chairs and blankets, and please help clean up afterwards.
- Planned childrens games are kickball, apple bobbing & cake/cookie walk.
- Gift certificates will be awarded for winning pumpkins.
- Attendees are asked to help break down the haunted maze at the end of the evening.
- Chili Tasting and Dinner
- Social Committee is providing hot dogs, buns and fixings.
- Bring a dish to share, based on last name!
- Starting with A-N please bring a side dish
- O-Z please bring a dessert
- There will be a minimal amount of water and soda so please consider bringing your own beverages.
- For campout bring your fire pits and tents.