The Board of Directors of the Governors Village POA met on Wednesday, December 15. At the meeting the Board:
- Voted to transfer $5,453 from Reserves to Operations to cover the cost of major repairs during the year including re-strapping pool chairs, repair of the fountain in the pond near the pool, and change out the sand filters that serve the pool.
- Approved transfer of $2,000 from Operations to Reserves to add to the fund for future dredging of the lake.
- Authorized management to continue efforts to install electrical service near Governors Lake that could be used to power a fountain.
- Authorized $3,100 to correct drainage problems which are located outside the fence and near the front of the pool.
- Approved a list of eleven homeowners to be asked to serve on a committee to make recommendations to the Board regarding projects and priorities for enhancement of Governors Lake. (The list includes at least one homeowner from each neighborhood.) New Board member Terry O’Brien will serve as Board liaison.
- Election of officers for 2011 will take place at the January Board meeting.
Meeting summary prepared by Richard Bobst, Board Member and Communication Liaison