Shown above is the 2011 POA board of directors during the July 21, 2011 meeting. This nine-member board serves as the governing body of the Governors Village Property Owners Association (POA). Guided by a set of rules, or bylaws, this group donates many hours of dedicated service to improving the community.
The POA board is elected by the community’s homeowners during the annual meeting, usually held in November. Each neighborhood has one director seat, and there are three at large directors who can be from any of the neighborhoods. Three seats come up for election every year. Board members elect officers at the first board of directors meeting each year.
Here are the board of directors listed with their offices, director positions, committee liaison duties and term-ending date:
- Debbi Nichols, President, At Large Director, Architecture Liaison (2012)
- Chris Gamber, Vice President, Lake Director, Recreation Liaison (2013)
- Josephine Watta, Secretary, Park Director (2013), Social Liaison
- Thomas Wilson, Treasurer, Townes Director (2011)
- Rosemary McGee, Forest Director, Communication Liaison (2012)
- Otto White, At Large Director, Grounds Liaison (2011)
- Terry O’Brien, At Large Director, Lake Development Committee Liaison, Safety Liaison (2013)
- Richard Bobst, Village Director (2011)
- Ricky Houston, Property Manager, Camden Governors Village
- Joel Strangis, Community Manager, Talis Management Group
The POA governing documents, including the Bylaws and the Covenants, are located on the Documents page, along with a summary of POA rules and regulations.
The board meets on the third Thursday of odd-numbered months at Mt. Carmel Church (side entrance by the athletic field) at 6:30 pm. Contact Talis to confirm time and place. For board of directors’ contact information, see Contacts.