The annual Halloween festival, Boo Fest, will take place October 27, 2012, in Governors Park for Governors Village residents.
Check out the complete schedule of events below and make plans now to attend. A printable flyer is attached. RSVP by October 23, 2012 (details below).
Highlights of Boo Fest 2012 Schedule
Saturday, October 27, 2012 (Rain date is Sunday, October 28)
4:00 pm – games and pumpkin decorating contest
4:30 pm – costume parade
4:45 pm – chili cook-off judging
5:00 pm – hot dog dinner
5:30 pm – haunted maze opens
following Boo Fest – camp out in Meadow Park
Crisis Center Donations
In conjunction with Boo Fest, the Social Committee is collecting donations for the Chatham County Family Crisis Center. This local agency provides services to battered and abused people in Chatham County. They serve an average of 800 people a year, and their shelter housed an average of 7 women and children per night last year. Their approach to helping the abused in our community is through a combination of intervention, advocacy, and prevention.
For the Crisis Center, we will be collecting grocery, phone and gas cards, small household items (such as efficient light bulbs), small heaters and surge protectors, cash/check donations to help with heating bills. Details about what services the Family Crisis Center provides can be found on their website: http://www.fvrc.org/
What To Bring
- Hot dogs and trimmings will be provided. Last names A-L bring desserts and M-Z bring side dishes.
- Bring your own beverages and chairs.
- Contest participants: bring your pumpkin already carved for the Pumpkin Decorating Contest and chili for the Chili Cook-Off.
—- RSVP For Boo Fest 2012 —-
- RSVP by October 23, 2012.
- Residents may RSVP directly to <RSVPgovernorsvillage at gmail.com> or fill out and submit this form to sign up for Boo Fest 2012.
Attachment: Boo Fest 2012 Flyer, October 7, 2012 (PDF)
Contact: Dominique Gignac, Social Committee Chair, dgignac at earthlink.net, 919.968.6933
Sponsored by the Governors Village Social Committee.