The annual Halloween festival, Boo Fest, will take place October 19, 2013, in Governors Park for Governors Village residents.
Check out the complete schedule of events below and make plans now to attend. RSVP by Tuesday, October 15, 2013 (details below).
Highlights of Boo Fest 2013 Schedule
Saturday, October 19, 2013 (Rain date is Saturday, October 26)
4:00 pm – pumpkin and scarecrow decorating contest
4:15 pm – costume parade, led by the one and only Great Pumpkin Warrior
4:30 pm – K-9 unit
5:00 pm – chili cook-off judging
5:30 pm – hot dog dinner
5:45 pm – haunted maze opens
following Boo Fest – camp out in Meadow Park
Chatham County K-9 Unit
In conjunction with Boo Fest, the Social Committee is collecting donations for the Chatham County K-9 unit. Representatives from this agency will be onsite at 4:30 pm with a dog. Come learn about the dogs, their training and the mission of this K-9 unit. We will be collecting cash donations that will be put towards their Youth Programs and Services!
What To Bring
- Hot dogs and trimmings will be provided. Last names A-L bring desserts and M-Z bring side dishes.
- Bring your own beverages and chairs.
- Contest participants: bring your scarecrow and your pumpkin, already carved, for the Decorating Contests and chili for the Chili Cook-Off.
—- RSVP For Boo Fest 2013 —-
- RSVP by October 15, 2013.
- Residents may RSVP directly to <RSVPgovernorsvillage at gmail.com> or fill out and submit this form to sign up for Boo Fest 2013.
Contact: Dominique Gignac, Social Committee Chair, dgignac at earthlink.net, 919.968.6933
Sponsored by the Governors Village Social Committee.