Saturday May 16, 2015 is the date for the 2015 Annual Firemen’s Pancake Breakfast, 5K Run/Walk, and Kids Triathlon. Preparation work is now in full swing. This will be Governors Village 10th year supporting the Chatham County Fire Department. It’s time to RSVP for the 10th Annual Fireman’s Breakfast and pre-register for the 5K race!
For those entering the race, please print and sign this waiver and bring it with you on race day.
WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Since there are a limited number of Social Committee members to cover all the tasks necessary to make this event a success, we need your help with the following:
We are in dire need for a coordinator for the Kid’s Triathlon. Someone has stepped forward as Kid’s Triathlon coordinator, thank you! This would entail organizing a group of volunteers which the social committee will provide. The coordinator makes sure the event starts on time, assigns the volunteers for the run, bike ride and swim and makes sure they are in position when the event starts and hands out the prizes to the winners. Unless we can find a volunteer, we will unfortunately have to cancel the Kid’s Triathlon. Many children have enjoyed the triathlon for the past 10 years. We hope someone will step forward and volunteer.
- We need volunteers to cut up fruit the day before the breakfast (Friday, May 15th). The social committee will drop off and pick up the fruit.
- We need help bringing breakfast supplies to the pool the day before the event. Because there is limited space in the attic of the pool house, the social committee has to store supplies for the breakfast in several of our homes. This would be easy for someone with an SUV or pickup.
- We need a volunteers to take a shift at flipping pancakes and make pancake batter the morning of the breakfast.
- We need volunteers along the Race route during the 5K Race. This could be as simple as coming out your front door and standing on one of the corners of the street along the race route for about 30 minutes.
- We need volunteers to help clean up the kitchen after the breakfast and around the pool area.
- We need volunteers to help store the equipment from the event back up into the pool attic.
In appreciation for your time, volunteers will receive a T-Shirt commemorating the event. Most of these tasks will take less than an hour.
Contact: For more information or questions regarding this event, please send email to Mary Anne Hutton at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Sponsored by the Governors Village Social Committee
2015 Firemen’s 5K Breakfast, flyer for the event with schedule and description of activities (PDF)