The Governors Village Communication Committee holds its third quarterly meeting on Monday, July 11, 2016, 7:00-8:30 PM at Bean and Barrel.
The meeting agenda is attached.
This would be a great time to get involved in our community by joining communications. Our function is to share information—provide timely, accessible and accurate information to residents in the community about Property Owner Association (POA) business and community events.
We would welcome new members and are especially seeking neighbors with:
- writing and/or photography skills to help cover community social events such as egg hunt, firemen’s breakfast, annual pool party, Octoberfest.
- computer skills who are familiar with or are interested in learning about WordPress.com to assist in posting announcements, articles and photographs to the Governors Village website.
- ideas for researching and writing in-depth, special interest articles to enhance community awareness of how how community operates. Examples are the recent website story on the POA Board of Directors or the 2014 neighborhood grounds report on how the grounds money is allotted and budgeted. Future topics might be, for example, to update that 2014 grounds report, write a new article describing what projects our grounds committees are undertaking this year, explore goals and projects taking place in The Townes.
If anyone is interested in joining this committee please contact me or one of the other members:
- Terry Landers (Coordinator for welcome program) – terrylanders at nc.rr.com
- Ted Smith (Photographer, welcome program team) – tsmith9856 at aol.com
- Susie Moffat (Webmaster) – susie_moffat at unc.edu
- Daniel Guy – (POA-Communication Liaison) – dwguy at nc.rr.com
Communication Committee Agenda, July 11, 2016 (PDF)
Susie Moffat -susie_moffat at unc.edu
July 8, 2016. Updated to describe committee work and invite new members.