The Governors Village Communication Committee holds its 2017 second quarterly meeting on Monday, April 17, 2017 at 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM at Bean and Barrel.
The meeting agenda is attached.
This would be a great time to get involved in our community by joining communications. Our function is to share information—provide timely, accessible and accurate information to residents in the community about Property Owner Association (POA) business and community events.
We welcome new members and are especially seeking neighbors with:
- writing and/or photography skills to help cover community social events such as egg hunt, firemen’s breakfast, annual pool party, Octoberfest.
- computer skills who are familiar with or are interested in learning about WordPress.com to assist in posting announcements, articles and photographs to the Governors Village website.
- ideas for researching and writing in-depth, special interest articles to enhance community awareness of how how community operates. Examples are the story on the POA Board of Directors or the 2014 neighborhood grounds report on how the grounds money is allotted and budgeted. Future topics might be, for example, to update that 2014 grounds report, write a new article describing what projects our grounds committees are undertaking this year, explore goals and projects taking place in The Townes.
Residents interested in joining this committee may contact Susie or one of the other members:
- Terry Landers (Coordinator for welcome program) – terrylanders at nc.rr.com
- Ted Smith (Photographer, welcome program team) – tsmith9856 at aol.com
- Susie Moffat (Chair, Webmaster) – susie_moffat at unc.edu
- Kalyan Ghosh – (POA-Communication Liaison) – email@example.com
Communication Committee Agenda, April 17, 2017 (PDF)
Susie Moffat − susie_moffat at unc.edu