Registration is open! Each summer the Governors Village social committee hosts a pool party and catered meal for residents at the community’s pool in Governors Park.
This year’s Pool Party will be Saturday, September 16, 2017. Dinner service begins at 5 pm with catering by Nana Taco.
RSVP by September 11, 2017 to secure a meal for you and your family.
The Governors Village Pool Party is also a benefit for The Food Bank of Central & Eastern NC. Please consider bringing donations of food or money to benefit The Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina!
Currently, almost 12% of our county residents are food insecure, and roughly 40% of those residents are children. In Chatham County, the Food Bank, in 2015-2016, distributed 587,905 meals (698,137 pounds of food) serving 29,441 households and 89,172 Chatham County residents.
Suggested items for donation, NO GLASS PLEASE:
* Canned Meals: Stews, Soups, Tuna, Ravioli, Lasagna, etc.
* Peanut Butter, Canned Vegetables
* Grains: Cereal, Rice, Pasta and Dried Beans
* Fruits: Fruit cups, Dried Fruit, Applesauce, 100% Juice and Juice Boxes
* Rice, Pasta and Dried Beans
* Kid-Friendly Items: Granola Bars, Popcorn, Graham or Animal Crackers, Fat-free/Sugar- free Pudding Cups
* Baby Products: Diapers, Wipes, Formula, Infant Cereal
* Hygiene Items: Toothpaste, Feminine Products, Shaving Items, Hand Sanitizer, Soap, etc.
* Paper Products: Toilet Paper, Paper Towels, etc.
Please – as noted above, no loose glass – or plastic jars of baby food as they will have to
be discarded due to health regulations.
Allison Vivirito, co-chair, allieviv at gmail.com
Leda Werrell, co-chair, lkwerrell at gmail.com
Attachment: 2017 Pool Party Flyer, PDF
Sponsored by the Governors Village Social Committee for residents of Governors Village community (Forest, Lake, Park, Townes and Village)