On December 10, 2020 at 5:30 PM, the Governors Village Property Owners Association will hold its Annual Meeting via a virtual meeting. Instructions on how to participate will be provided in November. Please mark your calendar now, so you will be able to attend this important meeting in order to exercise your rights and responsibilities as a property owner. There are six Governors Village Board of Director seats OPEN for election:
- Governors Village Seat: Currently held by Michael Barefoot
- At-Large Seat: Currently held by Ted Smith
- At-Large Seat (one-year term): Currently held by Matt Valentine
- Governors Forest Seat (one-year term): Currently held by Don Prost
- Townes of Governors Village Seat (one-year term): Vacant
Details regarding the open seats are as follows:
- Unless otherwise noted the terms are for three-year terms.
- The Lake, Forest, Village and Townes seats may only be held by a property owner from that neighborhood.
- At-Large seats may be held by a property owner from any neighborhood within the Governors Village community.
- The Board meets in the evenings and has 6 regularly scheduled Board meetings per year plus work sessions as needed.
- A nominating committee has been established to select and present to the Board of Directors potential nominees for the open seats – Chris Gamber, Cliff Simpson and Ted Smith are representatives of the Nominating Committee.
We are searching for interested property owners. Prior experience on HOA or non-profit organization Boards is helpful, but not required. If you have a desire to serve the community, we would be very interested in talking with you. Please respond no later than October 30, 2020.
If you are interested in being considered for any of the open Board seats, please provide a brief paragraph about yourself and photo for community distribution, and why you wish to be nominated to Association Manager Alina Cochran of Towne Properties via email at: AlinaCochran@TowneProperties.com. Please contact Alina at 919-878-8787, ext. 7204 or a Governors Village Board Member, if you have questions. Additional Annual Meeting information will be sent in November.