The communication committee works to inform Governors Village residents about community issues and upcoming activities. (See Activities for meeting schedule).
Communications is actively seeking participants.
- Help maintain the community website as an online editor.
- Share your neighborhood news and ideas with committee members as a reporter; photographer; or by volunteering as a liaison between Communications and other committees.
- Contact any member to volunteer.
Share information – Provide timely, accessible and accurate information to residents in the community about Property Owner Association (POA) business and community events
- Encourage community conversations
- Involve all neighborhoods of Governors Village
- Governors Village Web Content Policy, Approved July 21, 2011
Improving communication is frequently an issue in any aspect of life. In 2017 the committee will continue to address how to:
- learn and report what is going on in Governors Village
- discover what information residents and board members desire
- use available resources efficiently to keep residents informed
- seek involvement from more people
- explore new pathways to reach community members
Conduct 2020 Survey on behalf of Governors Village POA Board of Directors.
- Work to improve timeliness in reporting news and minutes.
- Expand website articles to include detailed explanations or tutorials of things such as the POA Budget and adding community profiles.
- Continue ongoing initiatives.
Ongoing Initiatives (Since 2012)
- Work with Governors Village officials, committees, management company representatives and residents to encourage participation and sharing of information throughout the community.
- Publish and archive community documents, news and photographs. These include board meeting minutes and official committee information.
- Maintain the Governors Village community website, governorsvillage.org, and other social media. Coordinate with other community communication outlets.
- Welcome new homeowners.
- August 2011 – Incorporate social media sites, Twitter and Facebook, into community website.
- May 2011 – Include more photographs into community website, covering events and obtaining group shots of boards and committees. Photography is headed by Ted Smith.
- April-July, 2011 – Create web content policy for Governors Village (see Documents). POA liaison Rosemary McGee presented the policy and POA Board approved it on July 21, 2011.
- January 2011 – Organize Welcome Program. Finalize a Welcome Letter (see Documents) to distribute to new homeowners. Distribution of letters, with personal visits when possible, is coordinated by Terry Landers.
- Create and maintain official Governors Village website at governorsvillage.org.
- Publish monthly newsletters (see Documents).
- Write and distribute board meeting and other committee meeting summaries, where available.
- Work with 2010 POA Board liaison Richard Bobst to formalize communication committee. Invite members, establish meeting schedule.
- Ted Smith (Photographer, welcome program team) – tsmith9856 at aol.com
- Jeffrey SooHoo (Webmaster) jsoohoo at nc.rr.com
- Nick Nguyen ( POA-Communications Liaison) nickcpht at gmail.com
View and download relevant Communication documents.
Read Communication news and articles that have been posted to this website.