On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 7 pm, the Governors Village Property Owners Association (POA) will hold its Annual Meeting at the Mount Carmel Baptist Church.
Governors Village Property Owners should have received a packet of information announcing the meeting and describing the election procedures for the three Board of Directors positions that will be up for election.
The Nominating Committee has submitted, and the Board has approved, the following candidates:
- John Eberhard for the At-Large-Seat
- Rosemary McGee for the Governors Forest Seat
- Jill Ehrenfeld for the Townes of Governors Village Seat
Candidate biographies are attached. Other nominations must be received by Talis Management no later than 5:00 PM Tuesday, October 16, 2012, using the attached form and instructions. After the nominations deadline is passed, property owners may follow procedures for write-in votes.
Proxy forms must be returned to Talis Management no later than 5:30 pm Tuesday, November 1, 2012. Review the attached materials for complete information about the upcoming election.
Contact: Cathy Klopfenstein, Community Manager – cathy at talismgmt.com (919.878.8787 x237)
Want to make a difference in our community? Interested property owners are being sought to run for Board of Director seats. The nominating committee will put forth a slate of candidates. Other candidates may run as well. The following letter was distributed to Governors Village homeowners today outlining the election process:
Three Governors Village Board of Director seats are up for election at the Property Owners Association Annual Meeting to be held Thursday, November 15, 2012 at Mt. Carmel Baptist Church. Up for election, with the current Director for that area, are:
- At Large Seat: Currently held by Debbi Nichols
- Governors Forest Seat: Currently held by Rosemary McGee
- Townes of Governors Village seat: Currently held by Jill Ehrenfeld
Rosemary McGee and Jill Ehrenfeld have agreed to run for re-election.
Details regarding the open seats are as follows:
- Unless otherwise noted the terms are for three years.
- The Forest seat may only be held by a property owner from the Forest.
- The Townes seat may only be held by a property owner from the Townes of GV.
- At-Large seats may be held by property owners from any neighborhood within the Governors Village community.
- The Board meets in the evenings and has 6 regularly scheduled Board meetings per year plus work sessions as needed.
- A nominating committee has been established to select and present to the Board of Directors potential nominees for the open seats. Debbi Nichols, At Large Representative to the Board, is chairperson of the Nominating Committee.
We are searching for interested property owners. If you have HOA experience or have served on boards in the past, we would be very interested in talking with you.
If you are interested in being considered for any of the open Board seats, please provide a brief paragraph about yourself (for community distribution) and why you wish to be nominated to Community Manager, Cathy Klopfenstein of Talis Management (email@example.com or fax 376-8800) before 12 Noon Monday, September 22, 2012. If you have questions, please contact Cathy (878-8787, ext. 237) or a Governors Village Board Member. Additional Annual Meeting information will be sent in October.
Contact: Community Manager, Cathy Klopfenstein of Talis Management (cathy at talismgmt.com or fax 376-8800)
Governors Village 2012 Open Board Seats Letter, September 13, 2012 (PDF)