The 2014 “Governors Village Corn Hole Tournament” benefiting Relay For Life is open for registration.
When: Saturday, July 26th 4pm (Rain Date – July 27th 3pm)
Where: Governors Park Basketball Court
1. There will be an Entry Fee of $30 per 2 person team.
2. Tournament Format will be Double-Elimination. Rules will be distributed to players prior to the start of the tournament.
3. Prizes will be awarded to the top finishers
4. Multiple Corn Hole Boards will be in use to speed play.
5. Please register early. In case of an overwhelming response, we may have to limit the number of teams in order to complete the tournament by 11pm. Temporary lighting will be used if we anticipate going past dark.
6. To Register, send the following info to gv.cornhole [at] gmail.com:
-Names of each team member and Team Name
-Email of each team member
-Checks can be made out to “ACS” or “American Cancer Society”
-Checks should be mailed to 30060 Benbury, Chapel Hill, NC 27517
7. All proceeds will go to “Relay for Life” to support Cancer Research
This should be a great event for the neighborhood. Please see the details below and send all questions to gv.cornhole [at] gmail.com.
Food Trucks: Big Mike’s BBQ and The Parlor Ice Cream trucks will be on-site at 5pm.
Many thanks to our 2014 Sponsors for helping make this event possible:
Bean and Barrel
Advanced Electric of Chapel Hill
Custom Stone and Marble
Chapel Hill Pilates
Blue Cross & Blue Shield
Contact: Jessica Wynne, jessicawynne at nc.rr.com
The 2nd Annual Governors Village Corn Hole Tournament to benefit Relay for Life is scheduled for Saturday, July 26, 2014. Governors Park resident and organizer Jessica Wynne announced the event recently with the challenge, “on July 26 we will begin our search for the best Corn Hole players in the area.”
The tournament will be held on the basketball court in Governors Park with all proceeds going to the Relay for Life charity in support for finding a cure for cancer. There will be prizes for the top teams and the always popular Food Trucks will be on hand to provide dinner and dessert. Jessica encourages residents to start looking for a partner today.
Registration details will be announced later, but mark your calendar to reserve July 26.
Champions – “Shut Your Cornhole” (Rachel Wynne & Todd Massey)
Runner-ups – “Veteran Corn Stars” (Alan Cook & Tim Watkins)
3rd Place – “Nightmare on Korn Street” (James Johnson & Jason Stiffler)
4th Place – “G-Force” (Marty & Sharon Goldman)
Jessica Wynne, jessicawynne at nc.rr.com
Relay for Life, www.relayforlife.org
Governors Park resident Jessica Wynne is organizing an event for the community. The inaugural “Governors Village Corn Hole Tournament” will benefit Relay For Life for the American Cancer Society.
The event is scheduled for Saturday, July 27, 2013, 5:00 pm (Rain Date – July 28, 2013, 3:00 pm) at Governors Park Basketball Court. Prizes will be awarded and food trucks will be on hand. Twelve teams have signed up and there is room for more. Please see attachment for registration and other details.
Contact: Jessica Wynne, gv.cornhole at gmail.com
Corn Hole Tournament Flyer, July 2013 (PDF)