The communication committee works to inform Governors Village residents about community issues and upcoming activities. (See Activities for meeting schedule).
Communications is actively seeking participants.
- Help maintain the community website as an online editor.
- Share your neighborhood news and ideas with committee members as a reporter; photographer; or by volunteering as a liaison between Communications and other committees.
- Contact any member to volunteer.
Share information – Provide timely, accessible and accurate information to residents in the community about Property Owner Association (POA) business and community events
- Encourage community conversations
- Involve all neighborhoods of Governors Village
Ongoing Initiatives (Since 2012)
- Work with Governors Village officials, committees, management company representatives and residents to encourage participation and sharing of information throughout the community.
- Publish and archive community documents, news and photographs. These include board meeting minutes and official committee information.
- Maintain the Governors Village community website, governorsvillage.org, and other social media. Coordinate with other community communication outlets.
- Welcome new homeowners.
- August 2011 – Incorporate social media sites, Twitter and Facebook, into community website.
- May 2011 – Include more photographs into community website, covering events and obtaining group shots of boards and committees. Photography is headed by Ted Smith.
- April-July, 2011 – Create web content policy for Governors Village (see Documents). POA liaison Rosemary McGee presented the policy and POA Board approved it on July 21, 2011.
- January 2011 – Organize Welcome Program. Finalize a Welcome Letter (see Documents) to distribute to new homeowners. Distribution of letters, with personal visits when possible, is coordinated by Terry Landers.
- Create and maintain official Governors Village website at governorsvillage.org.
- Publish monthly newsletters (see Documents).
- Write and distribute board meeting and other committee meeting summaries, where available.
- Work with 2010 POA Board liaison Richard Bobst to formalize communication committee. Invite members, establish meeting schedule.
- Susie Moffat (Chair, Webmaster) – susie_moffat at unc.edu
- Terry Landers (Village and Recreation Liaison; coordinator for welcome program) – terrylanders at nc.rr.com
- Ted Smith (photographer, welcome program team) – tsmith9856 at aol.com
- James Glenos (website support) - james at glenos.net
- Rosemary McGee (POA Board Communication Liaison) – Rosemary McGee mcgee10010 at gmail.com
View and download relevant Communication documents.
Read Communication news and articles that have been posted to this website.