It’s almost here!!!! Saturday, October 21st from 4:00 – 7:00 pm is the Annual Neighborhood BooFest celebration. Come enjoy food trucks, local live music, yard games, a photo booth, an outdoor movie and more with your fellow neighbors!
The schedule for the evening will be as follows:
4:00 pm: BooFest Begins (Face Painter, Balloon Animals, Food Trucks, Yard Games, Photobooth)4:30 pm: Live Music Begins 6:00 pm: Costume Parade7:00 pm: Outdoor Movie at Stadium Park (we will be showing Hotel Transylvania) You do not have to RSVP to this event, throw on a costume, grab your cooler, a picnic blanket, and a chair or two (as seating is limited) and enjoy the evening with your neighbors. You will also be able to use the pool bathrooms (if you have your pool pass) during the event.
We have booked the following food trucks, so don’t forget to bring some money to enjoy these tasty treats!
- Mr Wings and Mrs. Things
- Ta Contento
- Red Moose Brewing Company
Also! YOUR help is needed in order to make this celebration a howling good time, we will need some volunteers to help with things like setting up, manning the craft table, helping with the outdoor movie and cleaning up.
We look forward to celebrating the fall with all of our neighbors and friends.
Your Governors Village Social Committee
Hope everyone is having a fun and cool summer! Here are the upcoming events happening in the neighborhood. If you haven’t already – make sure you mark these dates on your calendars. September 26th: Fall Blood Drive
- The fall blood drive at Governors Village will be Sept 26, 2-7 pm, at the community pool parking lot.
- Local blood banks experience a dramatic drop in donations during the summer. This is the perfect time for our community to help them recover.
- Sign me up to donate blood!
September 29th: Jazz in the Park
- Back by popular demand Steve and Tim will be performing in Fountain Park from 6:00 – 8:00 pm
- Bring a chair or a blanket and come enjoy some AMAZING tunes!
September 30th: Fall Yard Sale
- Saturday, September 30th
- Residents can hold their sale at individual homes (i.e., driveways/front yards/porches) OR the pool parking lot.
- There will be NO sign ups, no money collections or advertising from the social committee.
- The only requirement to participate in the community yard sale is that you live in the village and that you only hold the yardsale on September 30th and any advertising you put out be cleaned up the NEXT day.
- You are responsible for your own advertising.
- The social committee does have the 8 yard signs we used in the spring, if anyone is interested in borrowing these to set these up/return them after the event please let me know.
- Since only community yard sales on specific days are permitted in Governors Village, please plan to take advantage of this opportunity!
October 21st: BooFest
- Save the Date! 4:00 – 7:00 pm at the Pool Parking Lot. More details to come
- CALL for neighborhood bands! We are looking for any other musicians that would like to perform during BooFest! Please reach out to me. c
- CALL for Haunted House Helpers! If you are interesting in helping us put on the haunted house this year we need your help. Currently we don’t have the man-power to put this on. Without additional helper there will be no haunted house this year, so if you’re able to assist please let me know ASAP
- ASK for help with Food Trucks! We are looking for any volunteers that are interested in assisting us with contacting a few more food trucks for the event. Please reach out to me if you’re interested in assisting.
Movies in the Park (TBD)
- The Social Committee is hoping to put on a NEW event series (movies in the park) but we need some help. The time commitment to help with this event would be VERY flexible, and you’d be directly involved in choosing the date and movie that you volunteer to assist with.
- If you’re interested in facilitating this event, even if it’s just 1 time, please send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Call for NEW Social Committee Members!!!I wanted to send out a little reminder that if you’re interested in helping plan and put on any events the social committee would love to have you. We’ve recently had a few members of the committee have to step away for personal reasons – so we’d love your help.
Abbie is stepping down from the Social Committee Chair at the end of this year, so we would LOVE to get the committee up to full strength again before she moves. Hope you have a wonderful and social week!
– Your Neighborhood Social Committee